Are you looking for a dinner that is fast, delicious, and super easy to modify?
Because that's what I have right. here.
Friends, meet my fave Salmon & Zucchini Curry.
This dish uses my Foolproof Red Curry Sauce. For ease, I recommend making the sauce ahead of time and either freezing it, or storing in the fridge if you're going to use it within 5 days.
salmon & zucchini curry
Makes 4 servings
- 1 tsp avocado oil
- 1/2 large yellow onion, finely sliced
- 2 medium zucchini, sliced into 3" matchsticks
- 2 medium summer squash, sliced into 3" matchsticks
- 2 cups (or 1 batch) Foolproof Red Curry Sauce (see recipe here)
- 4x 4 oz. salmon fillets
- sea salt, to taste
how to make
- Preheat oven to 400º F.
- Heat ovenproof, 12-inch skillet over medium-high heat. When the skillet is hot, add the oil. When the oil is hot, add the onion and a pinch of salt.
- Sauté the onion until mostly translucent, about 5 minutes. Stir consistently to prevent sticking or burning. Add the zucchini and summer squash, and sauté until they start to brown, 5 minutes. Add the curry sauce, and stir well to combine. Bring to a simmer. Add the salmon fillets on top, and spoon some of the curry sauce onto the salmon.
- Pop the skillet into the oven and cook for 8 minutes. Check for doneness, and enjoy!
- Serve with rice or cauliflower rice, and sautéed leafy greens.
Notes & Substitutions
- OTHER VEGGIES || Try using bok choy, napa cabbage, collard greens, asparagus, broccoli, or kale.
- OTHER PROTEIN || Try using chickpeas, shrimp, or chicken. For the chicken, it will need to cook considerably longer than the salmon, so I would recommend cooking it in a separate pan and combining with the sauce and veggies in the end.
Hi! If we haven't met yet, I'm Marielle, aka The Detroit Health Coach. I'm here to help women live happier and healthier lives. I specialize in weight management, inflammation reduction, and emotional eating.