Sometimes, in Michigan, you just have to make your own sunshine.
My favorite way to do that? With a Golden Turmeric Latte.
It's earthy and warming, slightly sweet, and anti-inflammatory. When the sky is grey it's my absolute favorite afternoon pick-me-up.
My trick to keeping Golden Turmeric Lattes simple and something I can whip up on a whim is by relying on a Golden Turmeric Paste.
You can make the paste in a larger batch, and simply combine a little spoonful with hot, non-dairy milk to make a Golden Turmeric Latte in 5 minutes flat!
golden milk latte
makes enough turmeric paste for ~10 lattes
- 2 tsp turmeric paste (recipe below)
- 10 oz. hot, non-dairy milk, unsweetened
- 1/2-1 tsp raw honey
- collagen peptides, if desired
Turmeric Paste Ingredients
- 1.5 c. water
- 2 tbsp coconut oil or ghee
- 1/4 c. ground turmeric
- 2 tsp ground ginger
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp cardamom
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
how to make
- To make the Turmeric Paste, add all spices to a small pot with 1.5 cups of water. Simmer for 10 minutes. Add a bit more water if it gets too thick. Use a stainless steel pot. This mixture will stain anything it comes in contact with!
- After simmering for 10 minutes, add 2 tbsp of coconut oil, or ghee. Whisk together.
- Pour into a little jar and allow to cool.
- To make Golden Turmeric Latte's just combine 2 tsp of turmeric paste with 8 oz. of hot, non-dairy milk. Add 1 tsp of honey if you need things a little sweeter!
Notes & Substitutions
- Turmeric paste will keep in the fridge for 10 days.
- You can also freeze 2 tsp dollops on a baking sheet. Once they are solid, transfer to a plastic bag. They will keep in the freezer for 3 months or so!
Hi! If we haven't met yet, I'm Marielle, aka The Detroit Health Coach. I'm here to help women live happier and healthier lives. I specialize in weight management, inflammation reduction, and emotional eating.
Get more recipes & resources by checking out the 14-Day Inflammation Reset and Recreate Your Weight, both open for enrollment now!